I don´t know if this has always happened and I´m just taking more notice or if the people around me have suddendly had a mass random spending spree. A few people I know have been having a rough time: many of my friends form college have yet to find a decent non-internship job that pays a reasonable wage for reasonablee hours, many of my friends parents have been laid off or had to close their business and some of the people I know who moved out of their parents´ house are having to go back.
And yet, instead of buckling up and tightening their belts, and spending habits, I am hearing complaints that they don´t have money for a bus pass/ medical treatment / other necessity because they have spent it, and I kid you not on:
- a vaccum operated ironing board and an ironing station.
- an evening gown.
- a professional car clean up.
- once and twice a week hairdressing apppointment.
- salmon/steak for dinner several times a week.
- garden furniture, because it´s on sale.
And even more unsettling are some purchases charged on their credit card when the actual money run out.
- psychic consultations.
- infomertial purchases (a spider pan, anyone?).
- dinners out.
- a new plasma TV to replace the outdated one.
Now I know I should not be looking at sawdust in other people´s eye instead of at the log in my own, but what if I´m the neighnour with the dust and some of the people around me are walking around with logs in their eyes? What do I do about that?